Born to a respectable family of Miankhel, (Dera Ismail Khan) on 14.7.1957.
- Received his secondary education from B.I.S.E. Peshawar in year 1973.
- Graduated from the Gomal University in year 1979.
- Obtained Law Degree from Gomal University, Dera Ismail Khan in year1982.
- Enrolled as an Advocate of the Lower Courts in year 1982. Enrolled as an Advocate of the High Court in year 1984,. Enrolled as an Advocate of Supreme Court of Pakistan in year 2003.
Activities at Bar
- Remained as Vice President and Secretary, District Bar Association D.I.Khan.
- Remained as Vice President and Secretary High Court Bar Association, D.I.Khan Bench.
- Also remained Member of N.W.F.P. Bar Council, sessions 1999 to 2003 and 2004 to 2009.
- From the year 1998 to 2000, remained as visiting part-time Lecturer in Law College, Gomal University, D.I.Khan.
- Remained Legal Advisor of different Firms/Institutions and Banks.
- Elevated to the Bench as Additional Judge on 07.9.2009.
- Elevated as permanent Judge of the Peshawar High Court on 05.9.2011.
- Remained as Member Syndicate of Sarhad University.
- Worked as Chairman Election Tribunal and Companies Judge.
- Worked as Chairman Enrolment Committee of the Provincial Bar Council, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa at Mingora Bench.
- Worked as Chairman, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Judicial Academy
- Remained as Member, Board of Governors, Federal Judicial Academy
- Worked as Chairman of Administration Committee of Peshawar High Court.
- Worked as Authority to conduct proceedings under the provisions of the Investigation for Fair Trial Act, 2013.
- Worked as Chairman, Committee for purchase of Physical assets for High Court.
- Worked as Administrative Judge to Liaison on Construction Work.
- Worked as President, Rule Committee.
- Worked as Administrative Judge to Liaison the issues of Ministerial Staff of the High Court.
- Worked as President, Special Court for trial of offence of High Treason under the High Court Treason (Punishment) Act, 1973.
- Remained as Member, Supreme Judicial Council
- Throughout his career, the Hon’ble Judge took keen interest in administration of justice and Rule of Law.
As Chief Justice Peshawar High Court
- Took oath as Chief Justice of Peshawar High Court on 8th April, 2014 and graced the Chair up to 29th December, 2016.
Supreme Court of Pakistan
- On his elevation to the Apex Court of the Country, took oath as Judge of the Supreme Court of Pakistan on 30.12.2016
Appointments in Supreme Court of Pakistan
- Member on the Selection Board of Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad
- Monitoring-Judge, ATC Courts, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa