Law Clerk at Supreme Court of Pakistan
Location: Islamabad Role: Law Clerk Period: 1 Year Stipend: Rs. 90,000/- P.M. Age:30 or less Qualification:Any undergraduate or postgraduate law degree completed in or after 2018 Job Posted:12-August-2021 Last Date to Apply:30-Sep-2021
- Bachelor Degree in Law completed in 2018 or above.
- Any post-graduate degree(s) are preferable
- Research, analyse and prepare briefs on a wide range of legal issues;
- Prepare bench memoranda cases being heard by the Hon’ble Judge;
- Assist in drafting judgments and orders;
- Prepare opinions as and when required;
- Ensure that case law cited and relied on by counsel and the bench is good law and keep the Hon’ble Judge up to date on significant changes in law;
- Assist the Chamber staff in executing instructions and tasks;
- Review and proofread all judgments, orders and other documents; and
- Carry out any other miscellaneous task as and when required.
Please read the    corrigendum    regarding extension of application submission deadline dated 09-Sep-2021 carefully and all those submitting their applications after 09-Sep-2021, attach the same with your application.
Important: The Online Application Portal is down for technical reasons. Candidates must send their applications through courier to office of the deputy registrar (Admin), Supreme Court of Pakistan, Constitution Avenue, Islamabad before the extended deadline i.e. 30th September 2021, which is also mentioned in the corrigendum dated 09-Sep-2021.
Please read the instructions carefully on all the documents provided below and do not start the application process without reading the instructions first.
Please read the instructions carefully which are as follows:
- The candidates are required to answer Questions No 1 to 4 provided in the document, below.
- The candidates should read each question carefully and answer to the extent of question of law required.
- Failure to attempt all of the four question(s) listed below will result in instant disqualification from the process.
- For applicants applying through courier, please answer each question on a separate page and attach type or attach the question paper atop the answer page or booklet.
- For applicants applying through courier, you are required attach the questions at the end of the application and mention the word count for each question.
- For applicants applying through courier, exceeding the word limit for any of the questions listed will lead to negative marking.
- For applicants applying through courier, you are required to attach only the photocopies of your original documents. Please DO NOT attach original documents. The Supreme Court will not be responsible for any loss accrued in the process.
- Further instructions are available on Page 09 of the Application and the advertisement.
- Candidates are required to carefully read the job description before applying for a position.
- Deadline: Application form shall not be entertained after 30-Sep-2021.
- The application form must be filled in completely to furnish correct details. Incomplete and Irrelevant applications will be rejected.
- Once applications are received and the deadline for submissions has passed, the screening process will begin. Shortlisted candidates will be notified individually, and a list of shortlisted candidates will be uploaded on Supreme Court's website.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for an Interview at the Supreme Court of Pakistan, at the Principal Seat in Islamabad.
- At the time of interview applicants/ candidates must produce original degree/ diploma verified from HEC along with two reference letters in original.
- No TA/DA shall be admissible to the candidates coming for interview.
- Supreme Court of Pakistan reserves the right to increase/ decrease number of seats and/ or reject any or all applications without assigning any reason.
- No age relaxation shall be granted in any case.
- The Supreme Court of Pakistan reserves the right to terminate and/or halt the Program at any time at a short notice.
- Email all queries to [email protected]
- Please review your information carefully if applying online. After clicking the Save & Next button for each section, you will not be able to edit or change anything in that section.
NOTE: NO FORM OF PLAGIARISM WILL BE TOLERATED. PLAGIARISM WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.